Thursday, February 25, 2010

Walk In The Woods

I love walking -it is a solitary activity , but it gives me time to think.  Sometimes I find the woods and the wide open spaces a chance to really breathe.  I miss that.  It is too long since I felt the wind in my hair and the fresh musky air in the woods.  The green sweet smell of the new leaves and the richness of the verdant green color soothes my mind and centers me.  I miss having someone to quietly stand with me- the only sound being our shoes as they crunch along the paths.   Someday soon , if God wills it to be- I will find a genuine companion.  I know it does little good to wish for something that does not currently exist-so I spend little time on such thoughts.  I think just of the green moss that lies in wait and will greet me soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment