Thursday, February 4, 2010

Poet's Forest

This is the final piece of hand stitched fiber art that is the poets commissioned piece.   Here is what he stated upon seeing this piece " an image of ressurection, renewal, reinhabitation after what some people call destruction or disaster. I believe these two words exemplify the anthropocentric view that most humans have of Earth Phenomena"  


 This is imagery which portrays my view of the part of Long Island called the Pine Barrens- it undergoes deforestation through forest fires and then constantly renews itself.  I feel I captured what he desired in this piece and I am pleased with the results. The piece was actually  by a poem by Tom Stock titled " Soil Meditation" so that the final art piece became a very personal tribute to this author.
Tom has worked tirelessly to preserve and pay tribute to the Long Island Pine Barrens and has studied the area as a poet and a naturalist.  I am thrilled that this fiber art piece will now be part of his collection among other  art he has purchased.

No comments:

Post a Comment