Monday, January 11, 2010

My Work


I decided to put my dreams into a bowl. I dream in Tessellation. Repeating geometric patterns occupy my mind at night. These bowls were made with treating 100 percent silk caps that were hand dyed. They are so transclucent that they seem to let the light in and out of them. I love my own work- is that conceited? I hope not.

If this bowl could contain my dream it would be about returning to Japan- to the place which holds my heart and soul. So much of my work is reflective about the experiences of the Japanese geisha-

If you dream- do you dream in color too?

2 comments:

  1. This is absolutely brilliant. I mean it. Crikey.
    The mind is a funny thing (about colour dreaming) - if you recount your dreams immediately on waking and are asked, "Was it in colour?" the answer is usually "Yes."
    If you wait for too long the memory usually fades and colour seems to be the first thing to go...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Sue W- I hope Crikey is a good thing. I have brutal nightmares with recurring tormenting themes.
    Love the whole concept of dreaming.
    love- barb

    ReplyDelete