Friday, January 15, 2010

My Fix


Art is my drug of choice.  Some people are addicted to drinking, gambling or eating potato chips.  I fine that when I am working in my studio-the music is blaring and I am at peace .  Time is no longer an element.  It has no place in my world.  I sit and can quietly engage with my work and become one with what I am working on.  The clock can tick away and I don't know what time it is or how I got there.  It is like when you are driving and you forget how you got to where you are. I find that both scary and amusing.
It is also my emotional therapy.  Whether I feel angry or sad, the work can express what I feel and reflect exactly my inner driving forces.  Artists are so lucky in that respect.  We get to let our work guide us along the rocky paths of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment